AYS Weekly Update for 7/26/21
Softball/Baseball/Tball/Coach Pitch survey deadlines are tonight. The link to the survey was sent in an email on 7/6
AYS Board of Directors meeting is scheduled for THIS Thursday at 7pm at the complex. Tonight is the deadline to submit a request to be on the agenda. You can send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletes registered for AYS Football, please meet at the practice field at 3 on Sunday to ride the Football float in the Wash Co. Fair parade.
Softball, Volleyball and Basketball meeting minutes have been updated on the website under MEETING MINUTES, then choose the corresponding sub tabs.
Have a great week!
Arlington Youth Sports Board of Directors Meeting Minutes June 29, 2021, 6:00 p.m. Two Rivers Bank Complex Call to Order/Roll Call Jeff called the meeting to order at 6:05. Jeff Staats, Erin Reed, Amber Hansen, Michelle Wilkins, and Shelly Staats were present. Reading/Approval of Minutes and Agenda The minutes from the last meeting were approved. Approval of Agenda Amber asked to add discussion about the summer survey to Old Business.
Public Forum None requested
Treasurer Report Amber sent the report this afternoon. She reported that there is still a sales tax balance of $1,800 from previous years. Amber will talk to Tammi Japp and/or Brad Soll to see if they recall why this is the case.
Old Business Tractor Pull Fundraiser Amber reported that the tractor pull donations for 2021 totaled $22,500 and 2020 was an additional $11,850 with a total of $34,350. The pull brought in $26,950 with a total income of $61,300. Expenses so far are $35,750 with another $10-15,000 in expenses remaining (alcohol, advertising, etc.). There was discussion on whether or not this remains a logical fundraiser for AYS considering the amount of work it takes and what money we end up gaining from it. Amber has asked that this be added to the August agenda. There was discussion on donors, signage, etc. The fundraising committee will continue to work on this.
Summer Survey Erin will send this out next week once softball and baseball are both done. She will keep the new, more specific questions on there and add something about concessions.
Basketball Issues The BOD has identified the concerns with basketball and Mike has typed up a synopsis of what seems to work and what doesn’t. These will both be shared with the basketball board at a meeting in the near future. Mike will contact Matt Nelson to set this up.
New Business Volunteer Requirements
1. All boards will be required to have a volunteer coordinator to keep track of individual sports’ volunteer requirements and report back to Jeff Staats.
2. The AYS fundraisers will be listed in DIBS (and individual sports will be asked to do the same for individual sport volunteer requirements) so parents can see what they’ve volunteered for and what they’ve filled. Note: Parents will no longer pick an AYS fundraiser at registration. Instead, parents will be able to volunteer for whichever fundraiser(s) work for them throughout the volunteer year.
These events may include:
a. BINGO Nights
b. Poker Run
c. Tractor Pull
d. Fireworks Stand
f. BBQ Competition
3. It will be made clear to parents that they will have two separate requirements to fulfill; the AYS fundraiser(s) and individual sports’ requirements.
4. Families will be required to fulfill one AYS fundraiser volunteer requirement per child regardless of number of sports played. Credit requirements for each individual sport will be set by each sport.
5. Jeff will keep track of families that have paid the AYS fundraiser deposit throughout the year. Individual sports’ volunteer coordinators will keep track of that sport’s deposit each season.
6. Jeff motioned to set the “volunteer year” from August 1 to July 31 and set both the AYS fundraiser (one per athlete per volunteer year) and individual sport deposit amounts at $200. Soccer and t-ball/coach pitch will only collect the AYS fundraiser deposit. Erin seconded. All were in favor.
7. An option to pay the $200 for the AYS fundraiser requirement up front will be added to each registration page.
Complex Committee There was discussion on the need for a complex committee to identify and address complex needs and oversee concessions. Erin motioned to establish a committee. Amber seconded. All were in favor.
Next Meeting The quarterly meeting is set for July 28 at 6:00 at the Complex.
Adjournment The meeting ended at 8:15.
To Do List:
Quarterly meeting agenda items – MIKE ✓
Relay new volunteer requirements to boards ✓
Require individual sports to add the AYS scholarship (available through a donation) to their registration pages ✓
QuickBooks access for boards ✓
All sports form a wish list for donations and get it to Shelly ✓
Discuss complex committee ✓
Reminder about coaches’ meeting requirement with BOD present to go over and collect signed the Coaches’ Code of Conduct forms ✓
Reminder to let Shelly know of open board positions for advertisement (policy to streamline this process for all sports will be coming soon) ✓
Tractor pull discussion (at August meeting)
Write policies (one per meeting) – BOD ✓
Coaches’ meetings and signing of coaches’ code of conduct ✓
Public forum ✓
Complex/concession commission or committee - APPROVED ✓
Voting for and filling board positions ✓
Large purchase approval by BOD ✓ College scholarship selection process
Work on complex committee and start tasks – ALL (Jeff offered to be on the committee.) ✓
Field 3 lights ✓
Sod trim on field 4 ✓
Dugout work ✓
Summer survey, results analysis, and synopsis dispersion – ERIN
Minutes submitted by: Erin Reed – AYS Secretary Meeting Minutes of Arlington Youth Sports – Proprietary and Confidential